- How long do braids normally last?
This depends on the type of braids you are getting. Generally the smaller the braid the longer it will last.Dutch / Mermaid Braids:
4 days to 10 days.Cornrows (small)
: 4 - 6 weeksMicro Braids:
3 - 6 months
Sleep is a big factor in how long braids will last. If you are a restless sleeper braids will get messier quicker. A silk pillowcase will help, or we sell braiding scarfs for $7 to help extend the life of your braids.
- Should I wash my hair prior to my braiding appointment?
Braids generally go in better and last longer if there is some natural oil in the hair (2 - 3 days), but if you prefer to wash your hair prior to your appointment that is fine. We can also wash and dry your hair prior to braiding for $15.
- Is there a minimum lenght of my natural hair required in order to get braids?
We recommend that you have hair that is at least 10cm long at the shortest bits in order to get braids. If you hair is shorter than this and you are still interested in braids please contact us for a consultation and we can see what we can do.
Dutch braids without extensions:
- How long will it take to add braids to my hair?
approx 15 minsDutch braids / mermaid braids with ext / colour:
approx 40 minsCorn rows small:
10 mins per corn rowCorn rows small with ext / colour:
15 mins per corn rowMicro Braids:
5 min per braid, 3 - 8 hours for a full head.
- Will braids damage my hair?
If hair braiding is done correctly by an experienced technician it will cause minimal damage to your hair. The damage can come from you not caring for them correctly and leaving them in too long. Once the braid starts to get untidy it needs to be removed to prevent any damage.
Generally you just unbraid it. Any extensions that have been added will just come out with the braid
Yes, we do, but it is based on our stylists availability. We always recommend you to schedule your appointment in advance.
- What payments do you accept for braiding?
We accept cash. credit card and also Afterpay, Zippay and Humm for buy now pay later options.
- Can I braid my hair if I have Hair Extensions In?
- Yes it is possible. Some styles are not possible with certain types of extensions. If you have hair extensions please advise us at time of booking.